28 janvier 2017 - Emeran ATANGANA ETEME
Cameroon: DECISION No.0533/DIMINSANTE/CAB/SG/DAJC OF 14 JUNE 2010 TO VALIDATE THE SETTING UP, ORGANISATION, AND FUNCTIONING OF THE NATIONAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE OF PROGRAMMES FINANCED BY THE GLOBAL FUND FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA
DECISION No.0533/DIMINSANTE/CAB/SG/DAJC OF 14 JUNE 2010 TO VALIDATE THE SETTING UP, ORGANISATION, AND FUNCTIONING OF THE NATIONAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE OF PROGRAMMES FINANCED BY THE GLOBAL FUND FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST AIDS, TUBERCULOSIS AND MALARIA
THE MINISTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH,
Mindful of the Constitution,
Mindful of Law No.96/03 of 4 January 1996 on the Framework Law in the health domain,
Mindful of Decree No.2002/209 of 19 August 2002, to reorganise the Ministry of Public Health;
Mindful of Decree No.2007/268 of 7 September 2007 to amend and supplement certain provisions of Decree No.2004/320 of 8 December 2004 to organize the Government;
Mindful of Decree No.2009/223 of 30 June 2009 to reshuffle the Government;
Mindful of Decision No.00831DIMSP/CAB of 23 November 2001 to reorganize the fight against AIDS and sexually transmissible diseases in Cameroon;
Mindful of Decision No.03341DIMSP/CAB of 29 July 2002 to reorganize malaria control;
Mindful of Decision No.03661DIMSP/CAB of 9 August 2002 to set up a Joint Committee for the Coordination and Monitoring of National AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control Committees;
Mindful of Decision No.0335IDIMSP/CAB of 29 July 2005 to reorganize Tuberculosis control;
Mindful of Global the Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control guidelines on the setting up, organisation and functioning of National Coordination Committees;
Mindful of the resolutions of the meeting of the National Coordination Committee of 3 June 2010 on its status;
Mindful of the need of service;
HERBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
PART I: GENERAL PROVISIONS
- 1. This Decision is to validate the setting up, organisation and functioning of the National Coordination Committee of programmes financed by the Global Fund for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control, hereinafter herein after referred to as NCC.
- The NCC shall be a national autonomous consultation and partnership body for the mobilization and supervision of the use of resources of programmes financed by the Global Fund for the Fight against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria .
In this regard, it shall be in charge of:
- Coordinating the formulation of national proposals to be submitted to the Global Fund based on national priorities and supplementary resources;
- Choosing one or several organisations that can play the role of Principal Beneficiary (PB) and Sub Beneficiary (SB) to receive and manage grants from the Global Fund;
- Providing strategic guidelines to Principal Beneficiaries to ensure the implementation of activities according to guidelines and procedures of the Global Fund;
- Evaluating technical and financial performances of Principal Beneficiary(ies), in the implementation of projects;
- Ensuring the implementation of projects financed the Global Funds through site visits and review of quarterly progress reports, financial reports, monitoring and evaluation reports of Principal Beneficiaries;
- Ensuring advocacy with stakeholders in the public and private sector as well as the civil society for mobilisation of additional resources to grants from Global Fund;
- Ensuring, in conformity with the regulations in force and its procedure manual the arbitration and resolution of disputes and other conflicts of interest in the decision making process concerning members, Principal beneficiaries, and Sub Beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Establishing and reinforcing communication between stakeholders or partners.
SECTION I: COMPOSITION OF NCC
- The NCC shall be a multi-sector and multidisciplinary tripartite body comprising representatives of the government (40%), the civil society and private sector (40%) as well as bilateral and multilateral development partners (20%).
- Members of the NCC shall be selected following a selection criteria specific to each sector.
- A Decision of the Minister of Public Health shall establish the composition of the NCC on the basis of its resolutions.
SECTION II: NCC BODIES
- The managing bodies of the NCC shall include :
- The bureau shall consist of a Chairperson and two Vice Chairpersons elected by their peers;
- A Technical Secretariat comprising a Technical Secretary and a support staff;
- The election of the Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons as well as the recruitment of the Technical Secretary and the support staff shall be conducted under the same terms defined by the by laws.
- The Chairperson of the NCC shall:
- Convene and preside over the meetings ;
- Ensure the implementation of NCC resolutions by the Technical Secretariat and Principal Beneficiaries;
- Be in charge of NCC budget;
- Represent NCC in all acts of civil life.
- 9. – Paragraph (1): Under the authority of the Chairperson, the Technical Secretariat shall be in charge of:
- Receiving and studying files addressed to the Chairperson of the NCC;
- Preparing files to be submitted to the Chairperson of the NCC for examination
- In charge of the Secretariat during NCC meetings
- Preparing reports of NCC activities;
- Compiling and preserve NCC records;
- Ensuring the follow up of the implementation of NCC resolutions;
- Ensuring a permanent contact between NCC, Principal Beneficiaries and third parties.
Paragraph 2: It shall carry out any other mission assigned thereto by the chairperson.
- The NCC shall meet at least once every quarter to evaluate the implementation of projects financed by the Global Funds, adopt its action plan and budget, and when necessary for the implementation of its statutory missions.
- – Meetings shall be convened and presided over by its Chairperson, or in case of his absence, by one of the two Vice-Chairpersons following their seniority in service, or equality by the most senior.
- 12. – The other conditions on the holding of meetings and the internal functioning of the NCC shall be defined by the by-laws and procedures guide.
- - (Paragraph I) Resources of NCC shall be made up of:
- Grants from the Global Fund for Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control;
- Contributions from the State and Bilateral as well as Multilateral development partners;
- Donations and legacies.
(Paragraph 2): The Chairperson is in charge of NCC resources end expenses.
- - (Paragraph I): NCC resources shall be managed following conditions and procedures laid down by each donor.
(Paragraph 2): The conditions to audit their shall also be set by each donor
(Paragraph 3): The NCC shall have a bank account opened by the Chairperson on behalf of NCC and managed following the dual signature rule.
- - (Paragraph. I) An administrative and financial procedure guide shall supplement the implementation conditions of NCC financial transactions.
(Paragraph 2) This procedure guide and the by-laws shall be part of NCC resolutions signed by its Chairperson, like any other decision of the NCC.
- - The duties of the members of the NCC shall be honorary. However, working facilities shall be offered to members under conditions set by each donor. Similarly, national members representing public authorities and the civil society may benefit from a session allowance and be entitled to reimbursement of their travelling expenses following the same conditions.
- 17. – The staff of the Technical Secretariat shall be remunerated under conditions defined by donors.
- 18. -The Permanent Secretariat of national AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria control programmes provide technical support the NCC, and participates in all its meetings in an advisory capacity.
- 19. – The operating cost of the NCC and the Technical Secretariat is borne by NCC resources as defined by Article 13.
- 20. – This Decision repeals Decision No.00336/DIMSP/CAB of 9 August 2002 to establish a Mixed Commission for the Coordination and Monitoring of National Committees for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Control.
- – This Decision shall be registered, published and disseminated wherever necessary in English and French
André MAMA FOUDA
MINISTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH